3 Best Pieces of Advice for You
Correct Foundation. Blend. Skin Changes.
Get your FOUNDATION COLOR CORRECT.
The ideal foundation shade:
- Will blend away at your jaw line so the foundation seems invisible
- Will match the skin on your face perfectly
- Will not look like you are “wearing make-up” or wearing a mask. It should look like you aren’t wearing anything on your face at all.
(Foundation Make-up is a huge topic-more to come later…)
BLEND BLEND BLEND!
Once you have your foundation color correct, it is VERY IMPORTANT that you blend it evenly to avoid streaks or areas without any make-up coverage.
Areas that can use EXTRA BLENDING ATTENTION include:
- Inside corner of the EYES***(Always be careful applying any makeup product around your eyes)
- Corner of the Mouth
- Bring Foundation down past chin and jaw line to avoid looking like wearing a mask
Remember SKIN CHANGES.
- With the Seasons (Warm =Darker Foundation Cool=Lighter Foundation)
- With Age
- With Hormones: Example Pregnancy
- With Many More Factors
During these times you might have to change your foundation color, or coverage. Your skin might become more sensitive or you might need to change your skincare routine.
(More on these topics later.)